The Road That Lies Ahead

The Road That Lies Ahead
Lord, I Need A Sign...

Sunday, June 19, 2011

TIME GOES CREEPING ALONG

No news is good news, or so it is said.

No news to me just means that Steve is still guarding rocks and sandstorms; keeping America safe.

Sorry for the sarcasm.   Time is d r a g g i n g  along for the both of us.

The best update that I can give is that he is doing well, but very tired.   

They've been having to do most of their "drills" through the night hours because of the constant sandstorms.  


Knowing what his "drills" are for doesn't make me feel any better, except that hopefully everyone is ready to go and react at a moments notice.

I always think back to when my brother Dick got back from Viet Nam.  

I will NEVER forget being told to not get near him or especially touch him if we saw him sleeping.

It was because if awakened suddenly...he'd instinctively grab you...and go to "hurt" you.  He didn't know that he was home and that we weren't the enemy.  

The things that our men and women have to know and do in order to fight and survive is great while there.

Once home, much love and even greater patient endurance is required for them to re-acclimate to movements and motions that we take for granted.  

*sigh*

I would like to ask everyone who takes the time to check in with my blog on Steve, to take a bit more time and write him or email him, or better yet...send him a little something from home.   

Time for him is 24/7.   

There are no days off.
  
There are no week-ends.   Especially for the higher Ranks.  
 
Thank you for your prayers for him and all soldiers serving around the world.   

I'll check back in when there is any news from Steve.

Love To All!!
Patti
 

No comments:

Post a Comment