The Road That Lies Ahead

The Road That Lies Ahead
Lord, I Need A Sign...

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Today's Forcast: Sunny, 125 Degrees, With 70 MPH Winds. Have A Nice Day!

By now I'm use to hearing about the sandstorms that rip the hide off of Steve and everyone else.

Today I got to hear about Nature's Heat-Ray Gun.

When the temperature is that hot (soon to be up in the 140's), and with Category One winds blowing the suns rays over any exposed skin, it's like being blasted with a Heat Ray Gun or a laser.

Steve said that just having to walk to do his normal, everyday duties, absolutely wore him out today.   

"Top" is tired.   And freshly sanded.

And he still has to walk to the shower and then try to make it back clean.

And you wonder why Baby Wipes are still Number One on every soldier's list?   

Just in case anyone would like to ship him some, he likes the
Huggies brand that are Aloe and Cucumber (I think).   

And some Beef Jerky would be GREATLY appreciated.

I'll write again once I find out when and where he'll be going to later this month.

Much Love!
Patti
PS...when you think you're hot this summer...just remember:
you really aren't. 



No comments:

Post a Comment